Thursday, December 15, 2011

Marko Djurdjevic


First of all, Marko is truly one of the most talented artist working in the comics industry today. And normaly, I would not touch a peice like this because it was never meant to be inked. For some reason though, I felt the need to print this out in non repro blue and go for it. I treated it as a rough with me doing finishes. This just allowed me to get into the state of mind where I did not feel guilty for throwing inks on it.

When working on a page with pencil grey shading, I feel the most difficult part is deciding on how to render the peice and commiting to every line you lay down. This takes a tremendous amount of confidence in your anility to portey shades of grey with line weight, thickness and proximity to one another. Since I do not possess such a confidence in my anility at the present time, I experimented with a few different techniques. Some were successful and some less so.

Overall, I am pretty pleased with the way everything turned out and discovered a few things as well. I will definately go into my next attempt at Marko with more confidence and a clear plan of attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment