About Me

My photo
I am a 34 year old father of 5 who has always thought about breaking into comics. Well now I am GOING to break into comics. I am primarily an inker but will pencil the occasional short story or pin-up. Creating comics and drumming are my true passions in life.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Joe Mad II


I wanted to kick off the new year with a bang. So here is a tri-fold cover from The Ultimates 3 penciled by Joe Mad. Honestly, This one flew out of me pretty easily. Granted, some folks do not like my approach to inking Joe Mad, using thinner line work and crosshatching instead of the big fat outline people are used to seeing with his stuff, but I still feel I was true to the pencils and kept a very Mad! feel.

Happy 2012!

1 comment:

  1. You killed the pencils. You actually degraded the art. Joe Mad's choice in lines is to add in the composition. You added more feathering lines where there are supposed to be fewer. Every line slows the movement of the eye. When you add more to Joe Mad's pencils, you have actually degraded the work. :/

    ReplyDelete