About Me

My photo
I am a 34 year old father of 5 who has always thought about breaking into comics. Well now I am GOING to break into comics. I am primarily an inker but will pencil the occasional short story or pin-up. Creating comics and drumming are my true passions in life.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Ivan Reis


I have been a huge fan of Ivan Reis since I first saw his work on Lady Death. His work has only grown more dynamic in the years that followed. So when I saw the pencils to this page from The Blackest Night from DC, I had to try my hand at them.

This particular page was going to based on mood rather than dynamic action. So I really let the heavy blacks just cross each other when I would normal make a clear separation of masses. I also had alot of fun with the cross hatching on the sky creating a heavy type gradient. For the trees I would normaly draw every leaf with the pen but opted to go with a whimsical blotting technique with the brush. It just seemed to add more life to the trees and foliage.

This was a fun page too work on and it will surely lead to me inking over more Ivan Reis in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment