About Me

My photo
I am a 34 year old father of 5 who has always thought about breaking into comics. Well now I am GOING to break into comics. I am primarily an inker but will pencil the occasional short story or pin-up. Creating comics and drumming are my true passions in life.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Leinil Francis Yu

I absolutely love working over Leinil Francis Yu. Especialy when he does all the grey toning with the pencils and leaves a sketchy look. This really makes me think and make decisions I normaly would not be forced to make with solid line art penciling. What do I accent? What do I push into the black? Should I use crosshatching or line proximity to achieve the gradients? How dirty or clean should I keep it? I love haveing to ask these questions and more so, I love coming up with the answers. You really have to interpret the pencils and try to bring out what the penciler intended so anyone can look at the paice and still know who penciled it. If I did my job right, nobody will ever know I touched the page. All will think the penciler inked it himself because it looks like what he would do if they would or sometimes, could do, if they inked it themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment