About Me

My photo
I am a 34 year old father of 5 who has always thought about breaking into comics. Well now I am GOING to break into comics. I am primarily an inker but will pencil the occasional short story or pin-up. Creating comics and drumming are my true passions in life.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Greg Capullo



Well, I wanted to start the year off with a few portfolio pages I am particularly proud of. I finally found the guts to tackle the pencil work of Greg Capullo, who is an amazing artist. I have been a fan of his work since I saw his installment in an old anthology called Gore Shriek.
 
Now some say,"Well Capullo is such an awesome artist that you can't screw up inking his pencils!" I disagree. Gregs pencils are filled with detail but once you get a closer look, he is also pretty loose with his lines. He gives you all the information you need to know what is there, but if you do not know how to draw, it can be very easy to get lost or misinterpret his lines. Oddly, this gave me quite some confidence while laying down inks and it felt rather natural. Having labored for hours upon hours over my drawing table learnig the basics of drawing and more, the more inked of his page, the more excited I was to continue!
 
I feel pretty good about the way they turned out and were included in my latest submission packed which has actualy landed me a few gigs. Well I hope you enjoyed and take care.




No comments:

Post a Comment